Required Reporting to Race Headquarters
The following summary outlines the required reporting for the crew to Race Headquarters during the race.
Time Station (TS) Reporting
- Upon or immediately after arrival at each time station call RACE HQ with Racer Number (R108), Time Station Number, Arrival Time in EASTERN DAYLIGHT TIME.
- Record confirmation number and crew member placing call in Route Book.
- Call Only Once, Call within 30 minutes.
- Must call even at manned time stations (Congress and Flagstaff)
- Crew must report to RACE HQ at least every six hours (if we take that long between TS). This is possible early all the way to Parker if we sleep, and again Camp Verde and Flagstaff
- Must remain on, and with racer.
- Crew must check periodically at RAW Live Tracking to check that it is updating at least hourly.
- If no updates within last hour, call RACE HQ.
- Racer riding dangerously, refuses to rest, obey rules, or listen to crew.
- Racer off course or hidden from view longer than 30 minutes, including sleep breaks in vehicle.
- Non-racer following on bike within 30 feet and not leaving.
- Media persists after request by CREW CHIEF to move away.
- Error in Route Book.
- Fire, Flooding, Natural Disaster has closed road.
- Any Support Vehicle replaced by another vehicle
- New CREW MEMBER or VEHICLE added (permission required)
- Delayed by more than 30 minutes by being sent off course, wrong turn, or delayed by state or local police
- Down to 3 crew members or one vehicle